Our investigations in Natural Products Chemistry are focused on the development of new strategies for the isolation of novel bioactive natural products from microorganisms and other sources. Some of the research areas covered by our group are the following:
- Exploration of new methodology for the preparation of extract and fraction collections.
- Design of new semi-automated strategies for the bioassay-guided purification of natural products from microbial extracts.
- Implementation of new dereplication tools based on LC-HRMS, LC-SPE-NMR, and DOSY NMR.
- Development of new strategies for the isolation and structural characterization of new natural products at thenanomole scale.
- Re-exploration of the andalusian flora applying these new approaches aimed at the discovery of novel bioactive molecules.