June 29, 2023
XXIX Congress of the Spanish Society of Microbiology, Burgos, June 25-28, 2023.
Fundacion MEDINA attended the XXIX Congress of the Spanish Society of Microbiology, held in Burgos between June 25 and 28.
Fundacion MEDINA researchers have actively participated with an oral communication and the presentation of several posters.
Oral Communication: Victor González Menéndez, Senior Researcher, Area of Microbiology, "Xerophytic lichens as a source of fungal diversity and potential biopesticide agents”
- Marina Sánchez Hidalgo, Senior Researcher, Area of Microbiology, Identification of the kribbellichelins A & B and sandramycin biosynthetic gene clusters in the genome of Kribbella sp. CA-293567
- Rachel Serrano, Junior Researcher Area of Microbiology, a new lineage of fungi from South African leaf litter, a source of bioactive metabolites against phytopathogenic fungi.
- Ignacio González, Principal Investigator, Area of Microbiology, "Detection of bioactive compounds in actinobacteria of the order propionibacteriales".
- Pilar Sánchez, Junior Researcher, Screening Area, “Natural products derived from fungi associated with xerophytic lichens with activity against the phytopathogen Pectobacterium carotovorum”.
- Fernando Román, Postdoctoral Researcher, Area of Microbiology presented his poster “Bioactivity profiling of streptomyces strains isolated from shallow water and deep-sea sponges against a panel of fish pathogens and fungal and bacterial phytopathogens”